News

Jesy Nelson hits back at rumour her solo album has been scrapped


Former Little Mix star Jesy Nelson sparked controversy last year when she unleashed her first ever solo single with the track Boyz – to the chorus of accusations she was guilty of appropriating black culture in her accompanying music video

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Jesy Nelson sheds tear as she spends time at recording studio

Jesy Nelson has hit back at reports record label bosses had scrapped her solo album, reassuring fans they have “nothing to worry about”.

The former Little Mix star has been working for months in the studio preparing her debut album but has recently been dogged by rumours that it had been cancelled after underwhelming music bosses.

The 30-year-old singer sparked controversy last year when she unleashed her first ever solo single with the track Boyz – to the chorus of accusations she was guilty of appropriating black culture in her accompanying music video.

But the vocalist has hit back at claims her album has been dropped. Addressing her fans with a statement on her Instagram Story, Jesy wrote on a dramatic black background with white italic font, clearing up the rumours.

“Don’t usually comment on stuff like this because I can’t be bothered to waste my energy on total and utter nonsense so I’m going to address this once and once only as I know you guys are freaking out,” she wrote with a laughing face emoji.







Jesy Nelson has hit back at reports record label bosses had scrapped her solo album, reassuring fans they have “nothing to worry about”
(

Image:

jesynelson/Instagram)







Jesy squashed claims her album is being scrapped
(

Image:

Getty Images for Bauer Media)

The star went on to clarify: “I promise you there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I’ve had an amazing time in the studio in LA working on my album which is almost finished.

“I’m so excited for you all to hear the next single which is coming soon. So, stay tuned. “

She signed off: “I love you all and thank you for being so patient x.”

A music insider previously told The Sun on Sunday that after the release of Boyz last year, she let the label hear early versions of the songs she had come up with.

They claimed they wanted her to go back “to go back to the drawing board”.







Addressing her fans with a statement on her Instagram Story, Jesy wrote on a dramatic black background with white italic font, clearing up the rumours
(

Image:

Instagram)






The former Little Mix star has been working for months in the studio preparing her debut album but has recently been dogged by rumours that it had been cancelled after underwhelming music bosses

However an insider said that contrary to that version of events, things had been progressing “at normal speed and without any hiccups .”

The source added: “everyone is very excited by the new music. It’s going to be very special indeed.”

And the Mirror has since been told by Jesy’s camp that the “captivating” album is very much on track and set for release.

Her spokesperson dismissed claims that record label bosses had failed to be impressed with Jesy’s demos.

A spokesperson said: “In recent months, Jesy has been in the studio recording in Los Angeles developing her body of work with a whole series of tracks. And fans can rest assured they can expect to hear new music from Jesy very soon.”

A source added: “The new music is captivating…it’s going to raise the bar, and some.”

Read More

Read More





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.